July 25-26, in Indianapolis, The International Society of Wearable Technology in Healthcare is putting on what promises to be tremendous conference on wearables in medicine. Predictably, Google Glass is well represented, with at least eleven presentations out of a nineteen (some of which are TBA, so could be Glass as well).
I’ll be there, to add to my over 2000 #GoogleGlass tweets, a many blog posts and trade journal articles. This is a place to for me highlight speaker Twitter accounts and tweets. Below are just those I could find.
I also created the Twitter list Wearable Tech Conference.
- @ZGJR Rafael Grossmann, MD, FACS Surgeon, Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, Maine United States
- John Scott, Founder and CEO, ContextSurgery by Context Aware Computing Corporation http://www.contextsurgery.com (not Twitter account, but interesting website)
- @PaulSzotekMD Paul Szotek, MD Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery Trauma&Acute Care Surgery / Abdominal Wall Reconstruction Indiana University Health, Indianapolis United States
- @TGrantcharovMD Teodor Grantcharov MD PhD FACS Associate Professor of Surgery University of Toronto. Scientist Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute Canada
- @ChrisVukin Christopher Vukin Team Evermed/Medright “How to use wearables with your EMR workflow”
- @MarliesSchijven Marlies Schijven MD PhD MHSc Associate Professor of Surgery Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- @NoorFSiddiqui Remedy - or how to save lives with Google Glass
- @DrMartineau On Glass and challenges in hand surgery
- @drtom_kareo Kareo CMIO, passionate about helping small medical practices successfully leverage technology
- @kylesamani of @pristineIO How to obtain success with google glass
- @Geek_Nurse of @SocialHealthIs Development & design of wearable devices for the ecosystem
I’m glad to see Rafael Grossmann, MD kick off the conference with the appropriately titled “In the Beginning…” By the way, @ZGJR was featured on Drudgereport!
— Charles Webster MD (@wareFLO) June 23, 2013
And Kyle Samani of PristineIO, see my 10 Questions for Glass in Healthcare Pioneer Kyle Samani of Pristine.io.
Here are some of my own articles about Google Glass in healthcare:
The first describes my project interfacing Google Glass with a state-of-the-art business process management system to manage hospital housekeeping tasks.
- A Proof-of-Concept Google Glass Hospital Environmental Services Task Management App
- Google Glass: Autocorrect For Your Life? - Information Week
- Google Glass and the future of healthcare | HIMSS Future Care
- 10 Top Uses For Google Glass In Health IT Marketing and Public Relations
- All My Google Glass & Healthcare Posts & Articles In One Place
- Slides, Notes, Tweets for My #SHS2014 (before #HIMSS14) Google Glass and Healthcare Information and Workflow Presentation