This post is a gateway to my entire slide deck used during a presentation on Google Glass and Healthcare Workflow presented at the 2014 Society for Health Systems conference held immediately before HIMSS’14 in Orlando. I turned each slide into a blog post along with expanded speaker notes. I’ve included the best of the most relevant tweets I’ve tweeted about Glass (over 2000!), because they have links to other resources.
I’m publishing these slides slash blog posts slash curated tweets immediately before the actual presentation as a sort of experiment. During the presentation I intend to skip through the slides, dealing with each briefly, in order to get to the most important part of the presentation. Getting as many people to experience Glass for two-minutes apiece. Some of this will occur on stage, with the Glass screen volunteers see projected for the audience to see. And part of this experiment will occur off-stage, as I’m bringing multiple Glass headsets to accomplish this.
I’ll also periodically tweet a slide during the HIMSS’14 meeting. Please, if you stumble on this post, or any the individual slide posts, and you see me wandering around, wearing a blue Glass, stop me to ask for a demo!
P.S. The following tweet is to help you find me!
— Charles Webster, MD (@wareFLO) February 19, 2014
- Slide 1: Google Glass and Healthcare Information and Workflow
- Slide 2: The Who, What, Why, Where, How of Google Glass
- Slides 3-5: Google Glass Developers, Explorers, Consumers, Patients, Providers, You!
- Slide 6: Google Glass Explorer, 2000 #Google Glass Tweets, HIMSS Davies Award
- Slide 7: Google Glass Is Wearable, Head-Mounted, Ubiquitous and Mass Market
- Slide 8-9: Google Glass Display, Touchpad, Camera, Microphone, Speaker, Battery
- Slide 10: Google Glass Minimizes Time Between Intention and Action
- Slide 11: Google Glass Intelligent Timeline: Personal and Product
- Slide 12: Google Glass Intelligent Locations: Personal and Product
- Slide 13: How Will Google Glass Be Received By Providers and Patients
- Slide 14-15: Google Glass Dashboards, Documentation, Decisions, “Drugs” and (To)Dos
- Slide 16-17: The First D (Dashboards): Google Glass Patient Arrivals and Initial Impressions
- Slide 18: The Second D (Documentation): Google Glass Gathering Info and Issuing Orders
- Slide 19: The Third D (Decisions): Google Glass Just-In-Time Clinical Decision Support
- Slide 20: The Fourth D (”Drugs”): Google Glass Administering Treatments
- Slide 21: The Fifth D ((To-)Dos): Google Glass Alerts and Follow Up Reminders
- Slide 22: Design For Google Glass: Keep It Out Of The Way!
- Slide 23: Google Glass Eye Chart!
- Slide 24-25: Google Glass User Interface Guidelines
- Slide 26-27: Google Glass Surgery, Emergency, Med Ed, Assistive Tech, Patient Experience, Palliative Care
- Slide 28: Some Google Glass Emergency Medical Uses
- Slide 29: Google Glass and Medical Education
- Slide 30: Google Glass Visual, Hearing, Cognitive, Emotional Assistive Tech
- Slide 31: Google Glass Improving Patient Experience
- Slides 32-33: Personal Palliative Care Google Glass Idea
- Slides 34-36: On-Stage Personal Google Glass Demos! Volunteers?
- Slide 37: Google Glass and Healthcare Info and Workflow: Thank You!